On 8 November 2015, the Minister of Transport (Hon Simon Bridges) authorised an expanded Joint Business Agreement (JBA) between Qantas Airways (Qantas) and American Airlines (American). Under the expanded JBA, the airlines will continue to coordinate their operations on the trans-Pacific, including coordination in respect of marketing and sales, freight, pricing, scheduling, distribution strategies including agency arrangements, yield and inventory management, frequent flyer programs, lounges, joint procurement and product and service standards. The Joint Business Agreement covers coordination of operations between and within Australia/New Zealand and the United States, Canada and Mexico (Trans-Pacific Routes).
The JBA has been authorised for five years (until 8 November 2020).
Application submissions closed Friday 7 August 2015. Although public applications have closed the application documents can still be accessed below.
View the public application [PDF, 741 KB].
Public application annexures:
- Annexure A - Related Bodies Corporate [XLSX, 24 KB]
- Annexure C1 - Qantas Domestic Route Map [PDF, 311 KB]
- Annexure C2 - Qantas International Route Map [PDF, 991 KB]
- Annexure D1 - AA Codeshare Partners [PDF, 6.9 KB]
- Annexure D2 - QF Codeshare Partners [PDF, 246 KB]
- Annexure E - Jetstar Route Map [PDF, 172 KB]
- Annexure F - American Route Maps [PDF, 575 KB]
- Annexure G - NZ-US data - public version [PDF, 10 KB]
- Annexure H - NZ-Canada data - public version [PDF, 10 KB]
- Annexure I - Freight data [PDF, 20 KB]
The following submissions were received in response to the application: