I am responsible, as Chief Executive of the Ministry of Transport (the Ministry) for:
- the preparation of the Ministry’s financial statements, statements of expenses and capital expenditure, and the judgements made in them
- having in place a system of internal control designed to provide reasonable assurance as to the integrity and reliability of financial reporting
- ensuring end-of-year performance information on each appropriation administered by the Ministry is provided in accordance with sections 19A to 19C of the Public Finance Act 1989, whether or not that information is included in this annual report
- the accuracy of any end-of-year performance information prepared by the Ministry, whether or not that information is included in this annual report.
In my opinion:
- the financial statements fairly reflect the financial position of the Ministry as at 30 June 2016 and its operations for the year ended on that date;
- the forecast financial statements fairly reflect the forecast financial position of the Ministry as at 30 June 2017 and its operations for the year ending on that date.
30 September 2016