Environmental research in the transport sector helps inform policy development on issues including vehicle emissions and energy sources.
For example, researching how to improve the fuel efficiency of vehicles over time will provide productivity gains, while also leading to reductions in the overall level of greenhouse gas emissions.
- About Vehicle Emissions
- Health Effects of Vehicle Emissions
- Vehicle Emissions Pilot Project Report
- Pilot Project for Diesel Vehicles Executive Summary
- Pilot Project for Petrol Vehicles Executive Summary
- Results of Testing Emissions of Japanese Used Vehicles
- Aging of New Zealand's light vehicle fleet
- Read about the Ministry's 2007 and 2009 vehicle scrappage trials