The Transport Economics Knowledge Hub is a research community that provides a forum for researchers to connect, communicate and collaborate on transport economics related research.
We run a range of seminars and other discussion forums that aim to advance our understanding of the linkages between transport and the economy.
- To identify research gaps around understanding the link between transport and the economy.
- To identify collaborative opportunities amongst members.
- To raise awareness of related research to the wider research community.
- To act as a channel to help implement the Transport Research Strategy and the Transport Domain Plan.
- Regular Committee meetings to update research priorities identified by the Ministry, and exchange ideas/update progress of research projects from other organisations.
- Seminars on current and planned research relating to transport and the economy.
- Regular email updates on relevant research programme and calendars.
- Support the annual Transport Knowledge conference.
The hub leads are:
Wayne Heerdegen, Waka Kotahi NZTA
Kane Swift, Ministry of Transport
The hub is open to anyone interested in sharing economics-related data, information and research.
To join, please email KnowledgeHub@transport.govt.nz