While he was the Minister of Transport, Hon Steven Joyce received several requests to review the requirements of the Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Exhaust Emissions 2007 (the emissions Rule). In response to these requests the Ministry provided the Minister with a series of briefings on the issue.
In November 2011, the Ministry of Transport, under the Official Information Act 1982, released the full list of papers received by the Minister on this matter.
5 February 2009
- Advice on used vehicle imports and the effects of the 2007 Vehicle Exhaust Emissions Rule (PDF, 415kb)
5 June 2009
- Potential amendments to the 2007 Vehicle Exhaust Emissions Rule (PDF, 781kb) (including response to the Minister's request for more information)
18 August 2009
1 October 2010
- File note and actual reply to David Vinsen of the Imported Motor Vehicle Industry Association (PDF, 328kb)
10 June 2011
14 July 2011
22 July 2011
- Note to Minister Joyce with statistics on changes of ownership 22 July 2011 (PDF, 188kb) (sent by email to Minister's office)
5 September 2011
- Note to Minister Joyce on patterns of import of vehicles prior to the introduction of previous emission standards (PDF, 188kb) (sent by email to Minister's office)