Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now
On behalf of City Rail Link Limited (CRLL) shareholders (the Minister of Finance, Minister of Transport and Auckland Council), the Ministry of Transport is searching for two high-calibre candidates to join the CRLL Board in Chair and Board member positions.
CRLL was established on 1 July 2017 as a Schedule 4A company under the Public Finance Act 1989. The Crown owns 51 percent of the company, while Auckland Council owns the remaining 49 percent. The Minister of Transport is jointly responsible, with the Minister of Finance, for the Crown’s ownership responsibilities and the Board is accountable to Shareholders for CRLL’s performance.
The company is responsible for delivering the City Rail Link Project (the Project), a significant infrastructure project to enhance the capacity and performance of Auckland rail services and improve transport and broader outcomes in Auckland. The Project comprises a 3.45 kilometres twin tunnel underground rail link from the existing Britomart Transport Centre connecting to the Auckland Rail Network at a redeveloped Mt Eden Station with two new stations at Aotea and Karangahape.
The CRLL Board provides governance and assurance that CRLL management is delivering the CRL Project in accordance with its objectives. This includes procurement and management of the contracts required to complete the CRL Project as well as the associated activities of consenting, land acquisition/disposal and community engagement.
The CRLL Board consists of up to six members appointed by Special Resolution by CRLL’s shareholders, for a term of up to three years. Board members are expected to work approximately 30 days a year, with Board meetings generally held monthly from February to December usually for one day. Board committees meet quarterly.
The remuneration for CRLL Board members is set using the Treasury’s Crown Company Fees Methodology at $49,000 per annum, and the Chair’s fee is set at $98,000 per annum. All members are entitled to be reimbursed for any expenses incurred for attending meetings or undertaking any other agreed work.
The Board requires a full range of competencies across members to be effective. To be considered, candidates must be experienced directors and possess competencies which complement those of existing board members. You must also be eligible to serve as a director in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act 1993.
The successful candidates for the Chair and Board member positions, will each be able to demonstrate more than one of the following core competencies and experiences:
In addition, successful candidates may also have:
The Chair leads the Board’s engagement and reporting to CRL Project’s Sponsors: the Ministers of Finance and Transport, and Auckland Council. The successful candidate will work with Sponsors, the Ministry of Transport, the Treasury and Auckland Council to ensure the CRL project delivers the Government’s objectives. This position requires the additional skills of:
Applicants of all cultural backgrounds are invited to express an interest.
To apply for the position of Board member on the CRLL Board, please apply through the Treasury database at http://www.boardappointments.co.nz(external link), and include a copy of your full Curriculum Vitae by 9.00 am on 18 October 2021.
If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that as part of the application process, information relating to your application will be shared with Auckland Council, the Ministry of Transport and Treasury (the agencies responsible for providing information to CRLL Shareholders).