On 8 February 2018, Air New Zealand and Singapore Airlines applied to the Ministry of Transport for reauthorisation of their Strategic Alliance Agreement by the Minister of Transport. The Agreement was initially authorised by the Minister of Transport in August 2014 for a period of 4 years.
The Strategic Alliance Agreement provides for varying levels of cooperation between the applicants on:
- 'Alliance Sectors' directly between Singapore and New Zealand (Auckland – Singapore, Singapore – Wellington and Christchurch – Singapore).
- 'Alliance Routes', which comprise a journey between ‘Covered Jurisdictions’ that includes an Alliance Sector (more detail is included in the airlines’ application for reauthorisation, and in their original application which can be found here).
Submissions closed on 16 March 2018.
The following submissions have been received in response to the application:
- Auckland International Airport [PDF, 67 KB]
- Christchurch International Airport [PDF, 255 KB]
- Tourism Industry Aotearoa [PDF, 132 KB]
- Tourism New Zealand [PDF, 469 KB]
Further information released 18 May 2018