Associate Minister of Transport, Shane Jones has today announced a number of initiatives to encourage regional economic development.
The new $1billion per annum Provincial Growth Fund includes a range of transport projects:
- Provincial Growth Fund open for business(external link)
- Gisborne/Hawke’s Bay: Tourism and forestry take centre stage(external link)
- Manawatū-Whanganui: Port and Rail boost(external link)
- West Coast: Future-proofing key to economic growth(external link)
- Rail: $8m injection to reboot regional rail(external link)
Regional economic development is a priority for the coalition Government and communities and organisations in regional New Zealand are encouraged to apply for funding.
To find out more about the criteria and process click here(external link)
Last updated on: